The Pennsylvania College of Emergency Physicians (PACEP) is a state chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), a medical society that has represented physicians specializing in emergency medicine since 1971. PACEP is committed to advancing emergency care through continuing education, research, and public education.
The Pennsylvania College of Emergency Physicians supports the professional endeavors of emergency physicians and promotes the delivery of quality emergency medical care for all patients.
The Chapter’s mission is to:
- Advocate and support the primary role of the emergency physician in the delivery of emergency medical care.
- Serve as an aggressive advocate for patient care and public health.
- Provide leadership in continuing medical education, graduate medical education and research.
- Provide medical leadership in the advancement of the state EMS system.
- Advance emergency medicine in all forums as an essential service of the evolving health care system.